Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving week

From November 08

From November 08

From November 08

From November 08

From November 08

From November 08


So last week was a really crazy week. It started off as a normal week, but on Tuesday at about 10:15am, we found out that a friend of the family, Bart Slack, had died. It came as a big shock to everybody. He was a really good guy that worked for my mom and stepdad at Imaginos. He did alot for them and has worked with them for over 15 years. Kyle and I have personally worked with him quite a bit since we were about 12 and 10 years old, working over the summers and when we were in between jobs. As soon as Kyle and I heard about this at work, we both left right away and went to Mom's house. All the girls came after work and we all played cards and hung out. It was good to be together and try to focus on something else. We all helped get ready for Thanksgiving as it was going to be a lot of work.

My mom went a little overboard this year and invited 26 people to Thanksgiving dinner. That's alot of people and requires alot of work. Everything went really smooth and everyone enjoyed themselves and had a really good time. Mom and Pat are extremely selfless. I don't how they pulled off such a big meal for so many people. I thought it was amazing that they invited the whole family, neighbors, and family of family. At first I thought it was going to be overly crowded, uncomfortable and chaotic. It actually turned out really nice and I enjoyed every minute of it. The food was great, the table looked nice, and everyone was very pleasant. Thanks Mom for a wonderful holiday!

Unfortunately I could not spend the whole holiday with the fam, I had to go to work. I had opted for a 3:30-midnight shift so that I could enjoy the meal at 1pm, then go to work after. I thought for sure that I would get off early and that nobody would be calling on Thanksgiving day. But I was wrong. It was really busy and I didn't get to go home early. I worked til midnight all by myself, got home at 12:30am, then I got up at 4:30am to go hit the early bird specials on Black Friday. I went to Walmart and it was insane. I didn't even get anything good, so I don't know why I did it. I got home at 6:30, took a nap for 30 min, then went to work from 8:00-4:30. All day I just wanted to go to sleep because I was so tired. Friday was my Dad's birthday, so there was no resting to be had. We all went to Jenn's house to celebrate. Finally I got to be at about 9:30 and was planning on sleeping til 10am on Sat, but turns out it was the last day for leaf pick up so I had to get up at 8am to rake leaves then go to the funeral. After the funeral, we all went to lunch then to the zoo for the christmas lighting ceremony. On Sunday, I did absoluely nothing. I stayed home and got some much needed rest after a crazy week.

No comments: