Thursday, November 20, 2008

UTAH vs. BYU




So the big game is almost here! This is the game of the season. Every year this is a big game, but alot is riding on it this year. If Utah wins, they will break the BCS and get into a bowl game...again. I still don't understand why Utah doesn't get credibility. If they win on Saturday, this will be the 2nd time in 5 years to go undefeated in regular season. Hopefully if they do get into the Fiesta Bowl they can play a decent team and have a good game. In 2004, they played Pittsburg and blew them out of the water, 35-7. I understand that week after week they don't play extremely difficult teams, but being undeafted in any conference in a pretty big accomplishment.

Even though I am a Utah fan, I still want BYU to succeed in almost every situation except for when they play Utah. I was kind of bugged this year by Bronco Mendenhall's big mouth about halfway through the season when he was complaining about his top ten standing saying he should be higher and his team could beat any team in the nation. Not too long after he said this, they lost their first game and ended their winning streak. Even with that loss, they have been slowly climbing back up in the top 25 and should be grateful for their current standing.

Nonetheless, my vote is clearly for Utah this year. Regardless of who wins it will be a good game and it's always fun to get together and watch the game with family and friends. Please vote for who you think will win on the top right of the blog, and post comments if you want.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

My vote is for UTAH

Whitney said...

Go UTES!

Loni said...

GO BIG RED!!!

Of course we are cheering for the Utes, we are Alumni, duh!

Anonymous said...

I voted for BYU because I believe BYU will win. Not that I want them to but I believe BYU's defense is better than the UTES offense and that I think is the key to the game.

Kyle said...

I voted for UTAH because I believe BYU is stupid.